Catherine ribeiro* catherine ribeiro + alpes - passions
Even as Ribeiro continued to work with Alpes , she also started doing albums under her name alone where, instead of her own material, she paid tribute to older artists. The first of these was the 1977 release Le Blues de Piaf, where she covered songs done by Edith Piaf , followed by the 1978 LP Jacqueries, with works composed by Jacques Prévert and Sebastien Maroto. She also worked with other artists like Peter Gabriel on the 1992 record Soleil Dans l'Ombre (Sun in the Shade). By the early '80s, her output had slowed down a little. In 1999, she wrote a memoir of her early childhood, L'Enfance, published by L'Archipel, and she continues to occasionally tour live.
French progressive rock singer Catherine Ribeiro and her band Alpes released Âme debout in 1971, their third record together and one of several of their ’70s albums now considered classics. Despite its influence and critical acclaim, Ribeiro’s music has been hard to find in English speaking countries for many years.
- R.L. Burnside - Rolling Tumbling
- DJ Die* Die·+ Interface Featuring William Cartwrigh - Bright Lights
- Tom Parr - Fuel The Fire
- Yellow Crystal Star - ∞ + X = I
- Various - Underground Hustlin' Volume 1
- The KLF - 1991: The Work (Extended Edition)
- Various - Dance Passion 3rd Act
- Ron Boots - Different Stories And Twisted Tales
- Hysee - Mammoth
- Noisecontrollers - Yellow Minute (Alpha2 Remix)
- Summer In Prypjat - ...Et Pereat Mundus
- J.S.T.A.R.S. - Ooilovemababy / Positronic Absorber
- Ascalaphe - Ascalaphe Remixed 'Micro'
- Various - X-Mix Urban Series 31
- D.I.T.C. - Rare & Unreleased
- Various - U-trèg Sound Part 1
- The Blackmaster - Time Never Stops!
- Mike Rep And The Quotas - Quit Talking And Start Chalking E.P.
- Prince Alla - Bucket Bottom
- Velvet Belly - Window Tree